Miss Carroll's Kitchen - August 2023
Miss Carroll’s Chicken Salad
When I want a light lunch, I tend to default to my chicken salad served with fruit and a vegetable salad. My husband and I take this chicken salad with us on fishing trips for an easy lunch while fishing local lakes and rivers.
This southern chicken salad is a quick make-ahead recipe for easy entertaining for a refreshing luncheon or a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Utilizing local farm stands, crisp vegetables enhance the chicken salad with healthy garnishes and side creations.
My Buttermilk Bread recipe is a delicious side with my chicken salad. But, whether you serve the chicken salad with crackers, my buttermilk bread, or let it shine on its own, you’ll be glad you stirred up this recipe. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- Bowl for combining ingredients
- Cutting Board
- Sharp knife
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- One 12.5-ounce can of Chicken Breasts OR two cooked chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of zesty seasoning, no salt (Kroger brand)
- ¼-⅓ cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- Good quality olive oil for drizzling
Chicken Salad Directions
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- You may serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- Serve with my Buttermilk Bread or crackers.
ENJOY! Blessings and bee happy! 💗
About Miss Carroll
Miss Carroll's Kitchen is named after Clara Carroll, a former Home Economics teacher at Paul's high school and a lifelong friend. Carroll, now a retired professor of Home Economics from Harding University, brings unique recipes and ideas to make your seasons and home great. Her wealth of knowledge in Home Economics is sure to impress and inspire all who try her delicious creations.